Education System in New Zealand:
Courses offered in NZ are Certificate, Diploma, National Diploma, Bachelors, Graduate Diploma and Masters and Phd. Admissions are granted purely on students academics. Students need to provide: CV, academic documents, any professional certifications, work experience if applicable, English language evidence, reference letters, SOP & Passport copy.
Accommodation options in NZ:
On Campus: College hostels
Off Campus: Rent a Flat/ Apartment or Private Hostels
Home stay: with families as per student’s preference (colleges also organize home stay for students)
NZ education cost:
Tuition Fees Approx. 13000 NZD – 28000 NZD annually depending on the area and level of studies and for living on an average, an international student spends about 800 – 1000 NZ$ per month on accommodation, food, clothing, entertainment, transport & other costs which may vary as per their location, course & lifestyle.
International students in NZ are allowed to work part time up to 20 hours per week & full time during summer holidays. NZ follows minimum wage system; current minimum wage for an employee is 12 NZ$ per hour.
Options after completion of course:
Students finishing courses of Level 5 or higher level are eligible for 1 year job search visa when they can work full time & look for a job in relevant area of study. Once they get a full time job in relevant area of study they can apply for PR or Work Permit depending on their eligibility. Long term skilled shortage list of popular field in demand with good job prospects can be viewed on immigration website www.immigration.govt.nz
Spouse of students going for PG course or courses in Long term skilled shortage area can get Full time work permit. Spouse of students going to UG courses if willing, to accompany their partners can apply for a visitor visa and they are not allowed to work.
Most international students study in New Zealand on a full fee payment basis. New Zealand doctoral research scholarships are a significant educational opportunity as international student only pays domestic fees & many times the government also support students with Living & travel allowance.
Why study in NZ:
- NZ Education is globally recognized.
- Tuition & Living is affordable in compare to other countries and NZD rate in INR is much lower than AUD & other currency.
- NZ people are friendly & an English speaking country.
- New Zealand is a growing economy offering increasing job opportunities.
- Low unemployment ratio compared to most countries.
- 20 Hours part time work allowed during studies & full time during summer holidays helping students to cover living cost.
- Students on completion of most courses including 1 year Diploma course are eligible for 1 year job search visa when they can work full time.
- Students with full time job offers in relevant area of study may extend their visa by converting it to Work Permit / Permanent Residency depending on their eligibility
- Student partners can accompany on Work Permit or Visitors category.